MY FLAG, MY PARTY, MY RELIGION, MY COUNTRY





I cannot call myself a human and remain neutral in a world where so many human beings are neglected, rejected, oppressed, and ignored.

So, I must decide on which side I am.

I am on the side of the little ones against all those who abuse them.

I am on the side of greatness and dignity of each human being here on earth, against the injustice of any kind, be it of the right or of the left, which creates poverty, cultivates it and multiplies it.

My country is justice, in solidarity with all those who are in love with it, beyond any banner and any party, beyond any system and any ideology, beyond any religion and any absence of religion.

I am not with that official and so-called democratic justice which those who have the dough are, on a daily basis, trafficking with, but with that justice which gives to those who have nothing the same rights and the same power than those who have everything. 

I am with that justice which recognizes that the Earth also has solemn and sacred rights and that to begin seriously to respect them is for the whole of humankind a life or death task.

Outside a compassionate justice and a holistic one, with a wide, supple and human soul, I have no flag and no party, no church and no country.

                                                                                           Eloy Roy

Translated from the French by Jacques Bourdages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOSEPH

VOTING FOR LOSERS