A SELDOM SEEN VISIT IN JERUSALEM

Pic.:Tracy Johnson


I had a dream.

The chief Rabbi, the chief Mufti, Benjamin and Mahmoud took their seats around the negotiations table. They are waiting for Trump. But, instead of Trump, it is God in person who presents himself at the meeting (he had not showed himself in the region for ages…)

The negotiations have not yet begun that already daggers are being drawn with one another:

-  Jerusalem is the capital of the Jews!
-   No it is that of the Palestinians!
-   We arrived here 3000 years ago!
-   You were away for 2000 years and we came.
    It is from this place that Mohammed went to heaven...

God sighs, the Temple of the Mount shakes. Total silence. God takes the floor:  

I will be short. In your opinion, dear Jews, Jerusalem is your eternal capital. But here we have a little problem: your temple that was destroyed by the Romans 20 centuries ago, you are dreaming of rebuilding it on the same spot where it stood, that is, exactly where actually stand two of the most sacred mosques of the Muslim world.

As for you, dear Palestinians, those two mosques built on the location of the former temple of the Jews are untouchable. They are the eternal proof   that God preferred Islam to have his glory radiate throughout the world. Jerusalem, therefore, cannot but be the capital of the Palestinians.

Well, time has come to shed light on the one who I am. I may surprise you, but I am Yahweh and I am Allah as well. In reality, I am the unique God, the same God for your two people and for the whole world.

First, I must thank you for that faith which drives the Jewish community wishing to build for me a magnificent temple, and for the same faith which drives the Muslim community to sacrifice everything so as to protect its admirable mosques. But since the deadlock has been going on for nearly 70 years and that you go on self-destructing one another about the whole thing, I beg you to take note of this. Without intending to hurt you, I declare, from the bottom of my heart, that NEVER AGAIN DO I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT TEMPLES OR MOSQUES. I DON’T WANT THEM TO EXIST ANY LONGER!

In the Bible, the prophets taught in many ways that I was fed up with sacrifices and with all that the humans imagine to honor me. That same teaching can be found also in the Koran; if not, it should be added in these words: THE ONLY TEMPLE AND THE ONLY MOSQUE THAT I WANT IS A CLEAN HEART.

This means a heart that does not lie, that does not cheat, doesn’t take revenge, does not have one’s heart set on taking over the planet and squash everything that he does not succeed to take control of. I want a heart that is not the heart of a wild beast gone insane.  I want a heart that is simply HUMAN, a heart STRONG enough to feel compassion and to forgive. I do not want anything else.

Yes, I am Allah and I am Yahweh. I am given many other names; but in fact, I have no name. I am simply «THE ONE WHO IS» for the Jews, for the Muslims and for all human beings. To hate one another for questions of capital, of race or of religion, is to hate the best of yourselves. To damn one another is to damn yourself, to damn me and to damn the universe. I understand the unbelievers; even myself, when I see some of your schemes, I nearly have the temptation to stop believing in myself…

Give the lie then to that prophecy of doom that says that of Jerusalem «there will not be left a stone upon another stone».  Have your thrice holy city blossom by inventing among yourselves a new being in whom Jews and Arabs will meet as brothers like they were at the beginning and who separated themselves after a very sad accident in history.

Do not hasten the end of the world as passionately hoped for by the fundamentalists, the lunatics; the cynics and the unconditional enthusiasts of the actual «strongest man of the planet»…Do not play that game.
 
That’s it. You won’t see me anymore, but I will be with you to the very end of your future.

With those words, God disappears.

At the same moment appears a magnificent bird that sings a tune of another world before taking flight towards the four points of the compass.   

At this point, I wake up.   

(Note : If you wish to know the feelings that may have gone through the heart of God while he was speaking, please read:  Luke 19 : 41-44).


                                                Eloy Roy



Kindly translated fom the French by Jacques Bourdages. Thousands of thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOSEPH

VOTING FOR LOSERS